1. Position: Researcher
The researcher will take part in project activities with a main focus on the following objectives:
1) to develop and implement a hospital CRE admission screening, cohort care and IPC improvement program and evaluate intervention effect on CRE acquisition, HAI rate, treatment outcome and cost-effectiveness;
2) to in a randomized control trial assess the effect of an intervention (WP3) to decrease CRE transmission from CRE colonised index patients at discharge to hh’s members, domesticated animals and environment through consecutive CRE screening using biological samples cultured on carbapenem and colistin selective media;
3) In collaboration with local health authorities, develop and implement a Household Education Communication Hygiene Intervention (HECHI) to improve personal hygiene, animal biosecurity and decrease unindicated AB use in the human and animal sector, ensuring that interventions benefit both genders equally;
4) to assess the effectiveness of existing hospital wastewater treatment systems in reducing discharged AMR pathogens and genes and propose in collaboration with relevant stakeholders optimum treatment method(s) providing the best reduction rate as an intervention to scale-up; and determine the effect of the cohort care intervention performed in reducing CRE and CoRE levels in hospital effluents. The field work will be in the project sites of Hanoi and Thai Binh province.
Activities will be done in close collaboration with experts VNCH, Linköpings universitet, Karolinska Institutet, University of Tübingen, The French Agricultural Research Centre for International Development (CIRAD), and University of Copenhagen with participation of the Thai Binh Children Hospital, Thai Binh University of Medicine and Pharmacy, and local policy and decision makers.
3. Required qualifications and skills
Master’s degree in preventive medicine, public health, veterinary medicine or veterinary public health, environmental health, and biology. Good English writing and verbal communication skills, computer experience including word-processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint, and data analyses. Experiences in publication (conference or paper) and field work are preferred Ability to work independently and accurately in the relevant aspects. Ability to travel to field sites or other places, if required. Team player, willingness to work under pressure and out of office hours, if the need arises. Only Vietnamese candidates are eligible.
For more information: Click here